Earl-Grey-Tea cake (from Brigitte)
Literally a cake that is made WITH, not just for, tea.
for 16 pieces
3 teabags Earl Grey
250 gramms soft butter
200 gramms sugar
1 tea-spoon ground cinnamon
4 organic eggs
200 gramms flour
1½ table spoons powdered cacao
around 16 g baking powder
50 gramms ground hazelnuts
50 gramms bittersweet chocolate
50 gramms dried figs or dates
50 gramms whole hazelnuts
fat for the mould
flour for the mould
Icing and decoration
70 gramms sugar
4 teabags Earl Grey
70 gramms bittetsweet chocolate
2 tablespoons peeled hazelnuts (inner skin, not the hard shell, that is always taken off)
1 Table spoons dried figs
1 teaspoon Earl Grey leaves (loose from the teabag)
- For the dough
- Boil 180 ml water and the first teabags in a small pot. Remove from cooker and let reast for 10 minutes. Remove teabags and press them out thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Butter, sugar, cinnamon and 1 pinch of salt get creamed for about five minutes. Add eggs one by one and mix well. Sieve flour, baking powder and cacao with the ground hazelnuts and 125 ml of tea and mix it with butter mixture.
- Finely chop chocolate, figs or dates and nuts and just mix into mixture. Fill a wreath mould (well greased and with a little bit of flour added. Bake for 45 min.
- let cake cool for 10 minutes in the tin. Then get it out of the tin and let cool completely on grate.
- For icing and decoration:
- Sugar, 100 ml water and teabags are brought to a boil for 10 minutes. take teabags out, let sirup cool lightly. Then melt 50 gramms of chocolat while stirring mix well and let cool
- Ice cake with icing, add hazelnuts, figs/dates and the rest of chocolate (all chopped roughly) Cover with the loose tea leaves.